Language Translation

Thursday, September 19, 2013

life in a nutshell.

Wow, it has been a long time since I've posted here.  And I promise I did not forget that I had a blog.  It was in the back of my mind for the last 8 days but I just haven't experienced anything recently that was really blog-worthy.  Luckily life has been extremely normal and routine for the last week, which makes me extremely happy.  And as I sit here in the Kappa suite with a Starbucks frap to my left and a Lilly planner to my right, I could not be happier.  As the semester moves along and slowly gets busier, I realize that sophomore year and all of its perks is just what I have imagined my college experience being like.


Last week we welcomed 10 new members to our chapter through an informal recruitment process who have joined my fellow 2013 pledge class.  Getting to participate from the other side of things made me realize just how much I love my sisters, especially because of the presentation given by a leadership consultant from nationals.  The night before we recruited, we sat in the suite talking about our positive experiences, similarities, and how to build each other up.  And talking to potential new members felt natural and pleasant, much less nerve wracking than it was last January.  The following Sunday we held our ritual pledging ceremony followed by a fun chapter meeting where I was elected Homecoming Team co-chair.

So in a nutshell, life is good right now.  I am happy, enjoying my new major and classes, loving my roommate, suitemates, and friends, and overall having a great time in college.  And this weekend we have yet another night football game and our annual Kappa Kappa Gametime philanthropy event.

What could be better?


No comments:

Post a Comment