1) My first OFFICIAL Tailgate: a few of us went with my roommate's friend to his fraternity's tailgate once we got to the game. We socialized for a bit and walked around to a few different tailgates, grabbing fresh grilled burgers and snacks before entering the game. We even saw other friends we knew! Free food, fun fellowship with friends, and football, what could be better?
2) We have a student section tradition that started this season as an athletics initiative where Category 5 (the spirit programming board) and friends of members can "smoke" the student section with fire extinguishers and smoke blowers at the start of the second quarter. With Zoe being a member, we each got a fire extinguisher, covered the entire student section, and smoked it. Probably the most fun 2 minutes of my football experience. I absolutely loved it.
3) Finally, after Zoe and I got back from the game we agreed that we were starving after not having eaten in a few hours since the tailgate and decided to drive to Shake Shack for a little late night snack. This is one of the little moments that I will definitely remember-being surrounded by several students and Coral Gables residents while munching on french fries and dipping them into our chocolate milkshakes.
It definitely was another great day to be a Miami Hurricane, and I could not be any happier to have gotten to experience it with my friends, sisters, and the thousands of crazy fans at Sun Life.



No comments:
Post a Comment