Language Translation

Friday, October 11, 2013

time.

Where has it all gone?  I honestly do not remember the last time I sat down to even think about writing a blog post...well since September 22nd, but it feels like it has been even longer.  There can only be so much on a person's mind at any given time, and with the recent pileup of exams, quizzes, papers, sorority meetings and events, and necessary sleep and food, I have just lost track of time.

So today.  It is approaching mid-October and there are a few hints of Florida fall in the atmosphere.  For one thing, the temperature has dropped.  Instead of feeling like 100 degrees with all of the humidity, it has dropped to the high 70s and low 80s with barely noticeable humidity.  It has not rained since early last week, and today all I can see is sunshine, a few clouds, and my statistics notebook.  While I admit that Florida is lucky to have good weather year-round, I am looking forward to heading home next week for fall break and getting to experience more of this cool goodness.  I am volunteering at a local Halloween philanthropy event that I did all through high school, this time as a behind-the-scenes coordinator.


The semester is flying by right now.  We are currently stuck in the middle of midterm season, and I suspect a quiet weekend ahead considering there is no football game until Thursday.  And on the subject of football, I cannot stop smiling at the fact that I am finally cheering for a nationally-ranked team that is still undefeated (knock on wood).  Midterm season, football season, and sounds of the season...my roommate, suitemates, and friends down the hall have started listening to holiday music and made plans to have our own twist on fun festivities.  More details to come...

So as I sit here in the heart of campus looking around at the people going to and from class, studying, eating lunch on the gliders, or tabling with a student organization, I could not be happier.  Yes, I have a quiz and an exam back to back next week, but that's just college.  And I'm living in the moment.  What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment