Language Translation

Friday, October 18, 2013

#HASHTAG

Being a PR executive member for two major student organizations on campus has taught me to appreciate hashtags.  Yes, in some ways, shapes, and forms they are completely and utterly obnoxious, sound ridiculous, and ultimately have changed the way we use social media.  But all of that aside, this is actually a post about #MiamiHurricanesFootball who just #BeatUNC in the 4th quarter to remain #undefeated in the ACC.


So why all of the excitement?  Well, the #Canes are 6-0 for the first time #since2004 and we are truly in the midst of a #GoldenEra.  Energy is brewing in the atmosphere with some bigger games coming up, and my heart will beat faster than if I was running a marathon.  But as my dad welcomes me to the health-destroying passion known as college football, I could not be any happier right now.  We are ranked and strong with hurricane force.  So now, you ask, #whatisatarheelanyway?

1 comment:

  1. I really like what you said about hashtags. It's really true that they have reshaped social media. Lovely blog you have here!

    xo,
    Mariamma

    ReplyDelete