Language Translation

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

here comes the fall.

I love fall.  It is beautiful, crisp and breezy, and colorful.  A time to appreciate nature at its very finest, and an excuse to wear Spirit Jerseys, quarter zips, leggings, and boots.  Well, this is true basically anywhere except Miami.  Here, fall has a completely different meaning.  Instead of crisp and breezy, it is sunny with considerably less humidity and actually possible for you to walk to class without sweating off your makeup.  It is perfectly acceptable to wear a Spirit Jersey or Quarter Zip at night when temperatures dip into the low 70s.  And fall colors are replaced with the beautiful Florida sunshine and the considerably more orange and green that students are wearing now that the Hurricanes are one of the only undefeated teams in the AP Top 25 poll right now.  It is the middle of the semester and most of us have just come off that inevitable midterm push.  Only 3 weekends stand between us and Thanksgiving break, which we have a full week off for this year, and while I am not trying to wish the semester away, there is so much to do between now and then that it won't hit me that I am going home until I pack the car and embark on the first drive home of my college experience.  Wow, I'm getting old.


Life is good and I am happy right now.  My roommate and I decorated the room for Halloween on Sunday, and our suite mate surprised us with Cheryl's Halloween cookies from her mom.  We're making the most of the moment right now.  It truly is one of the most wonderful times of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment