Language Translation

Saturday, January 25, 2014

how do you tell your story?

I'm not one to endorse companies.  My blog is primarily about my college life, sorority life, and experiences at summer camp.  And then anything that my mind decides would make a good blog post.  But this morning I picked up a package from the front desk that was waiting for me.  A typical care package to the average eye: two homemade banana chocolate chip breads, contact lenses, some more candy from our Japan trip, and then two treats from mom:


The first was this beautiful canvas with one of my favorite Pinterest quotes.  It is from Winnie the Pooh, and I cannot wait to hang it on my wall.  Once this is finally hung up, I don't think that I'll have any more room for canvases, frames, letters, etc.  Perhaps it's time for a little spring organizing...either way it is a beautiful quote that I will love seeing whenever I am in my room.


The other treat was this gorgeous locket from a company called Frockets and Lockets.  The locket is very special to me because it is not just a typical Kappa necklace.  It incorporates our two colors and my favorite symbols into a stunning piece of jewelry that I cannot wait to wear.  Even better, it came in this adorable takeout-style box that gave me inspiration for this blog title.

Not going to lie, my mom sets the bar high when it comes to care packages, and today was no different.  So how do you tell your story?  With words?  Jewelry?  Quotes?  It is yours, and it is beautiful.  And most importantly, you are beautiful.

Happy Saturday, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment