On Friday night I went with two of my sisters and three new members to North Shore Park Bandshell in Miami Beach for a free screening of one of my favorite movies, Despicable Me 2. Almost every Friday night in the spring at 7:00, the Miami Beach Department of Parks and Recreation presents a family-friendly movie at this amphitheater-type area. They had free popcorn and candy for moviegoers and the six of us occupied the front row with our takeout dinners from a local restaurant and watched the movie cuddled up in blankets on the cool Miami night. Afterwards we picked up another sister and got frozen yogurt at a local favorite spot where we ran into two more sisters. I can think of no better way to explain the night than some good, clean fun on the cheap.
On Saturday I went with a sister to Trader Joe's for some grocery shopping and then we went to a free yoga class hosted by lululemon on the green in front of the New World Symphony. There were over 400 yogis in attendance at the class hosted by four different instructors who taught classes accompanied by the local symphony's music. Once class was over we walked up and down the Lincoln Road Mall area and had a little frozen yogurt before heading back into town. Little did I know when I got back to school that I would come back to my roommate, suitemate, and some friends watching chick flicks. Together we watched The Wedding Date and John Tucker Must Die while snacking on Twizzlers, Trader Joe's mini cookies and pink lemonade. Another good, clean fun night on the cheap.
And yesterday as per usual, I woke up and worked out, ate lunch, did homework, had a meeting, did more work, figured out my planner...just the typical Sunday activities. I am looking at a really busy week but know that with some motivation and a little more Starbucks, everything will go smoothly.
Have a great week, everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment