Language Translation

Thursday, January 23, 2014

#throwbackthursday: when will they ever know?

So I know I post about it a lot, but I am dedicating today's post to a place and group of people that are near and dear to my heart.  It is hard to put in words the impact that it has had on my life since I was a young girl, but I can assure you that it is not because I have a single negative word to say.  The experiences and memories that I have had there are unforgettable that people often call me crazy when I say that I love it so much.  It's funny how after 11 times, 62 weeks in total, people still don't understand its impact and importance in my life.


That's right.  Camp Seafarer.  You might be wondering why in the middle of January I am writing a throwback post to my days of camp, mostly in appreciation of what it has done for me, but also as a congratulations to camp as well.  Camp Seafarer forms a team each January to run a half or full marathon as an effort to raise money for "camperships," scholarships for campers who otherwise would not be able to afford going to camp.  This weekend I beamed with pride when one of my co-counselors ran her first full marathon at the age of 18 alongside some of my favorite counselors, directors, family members, and friends who together raised enough money to give 7 more girls the same experience that I have had at Camp Seafarer.  As noted on my bucket list, one of my personal goals before I graduate college is to run a half marathon.  While I have been unable to do so in the past due to exams, sorority recruitment, or this year, pneumonia, there is no better group of people that I would like to accomplish this goal with.  It is an outstanding cause that I hope to one day be a part of.


No comments:

Post a Comment