Between the ever many posts about sorority life, weekends, activities, etc. I am sure that I may have missed a few opportunities to excite all of you about my wonderful times in class. Just kidding. But I do promise that I go to class. And I actually pay attention to what's going on. And take notes. And study in the library and the study room and Starbucks. And I write papers about interesting and some (unfortunately) uninteresting topics. And you might not even believe it but one of the most important things I have learned at college is not something purely academic: TIME MANAGEMENT. I have never had to pull an all-nighter, even though it is on my bucket list, and never fully intend to. College has taught me how to manage my time well and determine when is the best time to go where. Don't go to the gym between 4 and 8 on a weekday afternoon. Don't go to the library late at night if silence freaks you out. Don't try going to the library Starbucks on Sunday because it is closed. And don't go to the Rat during any normal meal time and expect to find a glider unless you know someone there who is holding one. But the inside is pretty cool I have to admit, so try it once or twice.
 |
| Love these girls. Sara (right) I met at Open House my senior year of high school and we reconnected on the first day of classes freshman year. Christine (right) was Sara's roommate last year, and even though we're in different sororities, I consider these girls to be 2 of my really good friends. |
But the main reason I am writing this post is because of my schedule this semester. It is rough-I have one class on the Monday Wednesday Friday plan and four on the Tuesday Thursday plan. And as I sit here not even an hour after my last class gets out, I am already tired and wanting to go to bed. College is unlike high school in that you pick your classes, class times, and class teachers. But sometimes the class you really want to take is at an awful time or you are stuck on the waitlist with zero chance of getting in. So you learn to make the most of your time. Get involved. Meet people. Find your study spot. Know when and where you study best and who you do it best with. Go out when you want and don't feel pressured if you have other priorities. Three semesters into college I found my groove. And while my schedule is not exactly what I want, I am in classes I like with friends who I enjoy being with and teachers who are experts in their fields and know how to make class interesting.
I go to college. And I love it. Thanks Mom and Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment