Language Translation

Friday, May 16, 2014

summer plans.

For the past few summers I have worked as a counselor at Camp Seafarer, a camp that I had been attending since I was nine years old and basically grown up at.  I started going the day after my ninth birthday and fell in love once the initial homesickness went away (and in case you're wondering, never went back).  After eleven truly incredible summers (in a row might I add) at Seafarer, I made the decision about a month ago to not return and rather pursue some opportunities that will apply more to what I would like to do in the future.  Keeping that in mind, I am so excited to announce that tomorrow morning I will be on my way to the trip of a lifetime.


Outreach360 is a program that I participated in during the spring break of my sophomore year of high school.  For two weeks I will be volunteering in schools in the Dominican Republic with other volunteers and program leaders.  As the info sheets that I have received tell me, Outreach360 is not an American Express vacation or a tour but rather a service trip to a developing country.  While I have been before, I know that this experience will be completely different and I am excited to learn and grow in the environment.  As a reward for a week of service, we take a cultural day and visit to a nearby beach.  I cannot wait to get going and embark on a journey that I know will change my life as I strive to do so for the kids I will be working with.  So farewell to Facebook, blogging, instagram, snapchat, texting, internet, and email...and hello Dominican Republic.  It's time to take things poco a poco [little by little] and live in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment