Language Translation

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Time

It took about 2 and a half weeks worth of nagging, complaining, and just being lazy, but yesterday I finally finished cleaning my room.  Quite honestly I have never felt so at home in my bedroom before now.  We got rid of bags and clothes and junk x 100 and with a lot less "stuff" in the room, there are no distractions.  I don't need to find a path to my bed because the floor is completely free of clothes and whatever else lying around.  It feels neat and clean in my own way, and even though I leave for camp in a week and will probably mess it up a little bit before then, at least it feels good now.

Time flies by when you are having fun.  Today is the class of 2013 graduation at my former high school, and now my brother is studying for his final freshman year exams.  In a week from today I leave for camp for ten weeks and I cannot even believe that I have been back from school for three weeks as of Monday.  It is crazy.  I found out today that one of my best friends from camp a few summers ago and former co-counselor is coming back in a cabin leadership position.  I remember the last time we hung out with our other best friend on our lunch break time off.  We drove to Bojangles for chicken biscuits and then went up the street for milkshakes.  Not exclusive to that, we had so many fun memories that summer and hopefully we will be able to spend even more time together this one.

Can't wait to see her next week!
I am going out with my grandparents for lunch today one last time before I head off to camp and tonight we are getting together with some family friends because they move in a month and I will not see them again before then.  It is crazy that six years ago I babysat them for the first time, and yesterday their middle daughter graduated from her (and my) elementary school.  And as we celebrate my parents' anniversary later this week and my birthday before I head off to camp, I am starting to feel old.  Time is passing by so fast and I need to make the most of it all, even if I am excited to go back to school in the fall.

Have an amazing weekend!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment