This morning the six lovely ladies of the Delta Kappa chapter's fall pledge class were initiated into the sisterhood of Kappa Kappa Gamma. It was just another reminder as to why I love our sisterhood so much. Ritual binds all of us to Kappa's ideals around the world-there are 139 chapters and even more colonizing at the moment, but we all have it in common. Today I beamed with pride as my beautiful twin Sydney went through the initiation process. She has already contributed so much to our chapter, and I cannot wait to have even more experiences with her.
 |
“Sisterhood is not letting petty differences get in the way of anything. It is about being true to yourself. It is about experiencing new adventures by entering the realm of others."
|
 |
“People ask me why I am in a sorority & I try to explain all the things a sorority is that they cannot see. A sorority is more than letters on a sweatshirt, I say. More than traditional songs, a gold pin, rituals, & obligation or a way of life. A sorority is learning about people, a sorority is giving without expecting a return. A sorority is earning respect from others, as well as for yourself. A sorority will not solve your problems. But I have made good friends & found confidence there to help me take life one step at a time.”
|
No comments:
Post a Comment