Language Translation

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

camp -ING

As I close out with all of my camp reminiscing (at least for right now) and go into the college life series that this blog is supposed to be about, I thought it would be fun to go back to one of my old favorite series called the ING list.  I found it on another blog and hadn't done one in a long time so I thought why not? because it is the perfect transition into my normal college life.  So here is my ING list of the Seafarer Summer 2013 [more specifically June 2nd - August 10th]:

listenING


I Want Crazy by Hunter Hayes quickly became one of my favorite songs.  Something about driving down back country roads at night and through small towns makes me feel like I am in a music video and I can't help but sing along.  But no worries, camp also brought with it its own playlist and new songs/genres that I had not considered before such as: SkrillexAndy Grammer, and Mumford and Sons.  Camp also taught me to appreciate the overplayed pop music but I am happy that I got to expand my roots a little bit.

craveING


Can you say heavenly?  Basically a combined Chocolate Fudge Brownie and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough blizzard satisfies any appetite.  It is super yummy and rich that a mini is all I need.  Thanks to the DQ in Morehead City for introducing me to this tasty treat on Long Cruise.

wearING


So it is obvious by now that I am obsessed with anything preppy and this summer I reached the extreme by purchasing my first monogram t-shirt from Harbor Specialties in Beaufort.  You can buy them on any monogram website or bring a t-shirt to a monogram store to get it done.  It is the best way to customize a simple clothing item and truly make it your own.  And it goes with everything-nike shorts or even a cute pair of shorts!  I even got a monogram sweatshirt as well that I am equally obsessed with!

So kind of a short list, but these were definitely 3 big hits at camp and on time off this summer!  I miss all of it already but can't wait to get back to more ING lists very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment