It's all happening so fast now. My brother starts his sophomore year of high school today and tomorrow I am leaving for my sophomore year of college. Crazy. It's the start of a new year: new experiences, new possibilities, new changes, new friends, and everything in between. The time when opportunities are fresh and decisions are uncertain, which is okay because everything is just starting out. I love the beginning of the school year. When I was in grade school, we would dread the test days, long sports practices that led to being up all night doing homework, and take advantage of every single second of social time. College is completely different. I find myself excited to start a new year, take new classes, and have even more opportunities than I did my freshman year. This is the time to take charge, prove yourself, and commit to your involvements. Become crazy active with what you want to do: I have a full semester of fun sorority activities including Founders Day, our Volleyball Tournament, and recruitment preparations, I am the Marketing & Publicity co-chair for Relay for Life, and the Public Relations co-chair for Dance Marathon. I have never been so excited to get back to school not only for the activities but also class! This is my first semester EVER not taking an English class and I am two classes away from completing my first minor. I could not be more thrilled to get back into a normal schedule, enjoy more perks of on-campus life (including a new Student Activities Center and renovated dining hall), and just have FUN!

Miami is the place to be right now, and I am counting down the minutes until I am reunited with my best friends, sorority sisters, and roommates. This is going to be the greatest school year ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment