Language Translation

Saturday, August 3, 2013

This Is How We Do It.

This week at Seafarer we had the Big Kahuna Cup, also known as BKC.  The competition was fierce as expected, but two fun skits, five incredible theme days, millions of rank achievements and pieces of candy later, SAILING rightfully reclaimed the BKC trophy.  Here's what we did this week:

Halloween (Monday): a haunted house, trick or treating on different points of sail
Mardi Gras (Tuesday): skit at breakfast, boat parades, king cake for completing a race course, paint twister
Valentine's Day (Wednesday): heart shaped race course, nautical flag greeting cards
Christmas (Thursday): skit at breakfast, catching reindeer, caroling, flash mob at lunch, hot chocolate
Birthday (Friday): flash mob at breakfast, birthday cake, candy filled balloons, party hats, race course

I'm going to miss this view when I head home soon.  There is nothing like the view of all of the sailboats from the Seafarer pier at sunset.
There is truly no place more beautiful than camp.
It is hard to believe that I am going on my tenth week at camp.  One free day on activities, two days of long cruise, two days of packing campers, and closing day stand between now and the end of the summer.  I am grateful for every moment and will be looking forward to a meaningful closure with my campers.

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” -F. Scott Fitzgerald

No comments:

Post a Comment