Language Translation

Saturday, August 10, 2013

worthy of honor.

At the end of every session at Seafarer, honor campers and honor cabins are recognized in their respective camps (1, 2, 3, & 4).  Honor Camper is the designated to an outstanding camper who truly lives the Seafarer spirit through achievement, attitude, and enthusiasm.  Honor Cabin is presented to a cabin group that successfully built strong relationships and friendships during the session.  I am so proud of my second session campers for earning the Camp 1 Honor Cabin award this summer.

Quoted directly from the speech presented in the awards ceremony this past Thursday, "The Honor Cabin award is presented to a cabin in recognition of achievement in creating a healthy environment for all through the following qualities: commitment, teamwork, flexibility, cooperation, enthusiasm.  Commitment: setting cabin goals and working hard to achieve them.  Teamwork: supporting each other personally and in the accomplishment of the group’s goal.  Flexibility: adapting to changes and needs within the group.  Cooperation: treating each other like we would like to be treated. A willingness and ability to work with others.  Enthusiasm: sharing a positive attitude for meeting new challenges and developing new skills."


While I am extremely proud of my 12 incredible campers for achieving this award, I have come to recognize that maybe the meaning of honor can be stretched to another meaning.  Pictured above are Katherine, Erin, and Amy with me at our last dinner together.  Katherine and Amy were the two best co-counselors I could have ever asked for.  I am honored to work with them.  Erin was my guide as a first time senior counselor in charge.  She helped show me the ropes, accept more responsibility, and grow as a counselor.  I am honored to have gotten to work with her as well.

As I write this from my own bedroom after 10 incredible weeks at the place I love most and almost 10 hours of travel, I am happy to have had such a great closure to the summer.  While it was sad to see my campers leave and then exit the gates myself, I have left a much happier and stronger person.  Thank you Camp Seafarer for another outstanding summer.

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back, 
May the sun shine warm upon your face, 
May the rains fall soft upon your fields, 
And, until we meet again, 
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand"

No comments:

Post a Comment