Language Translation

Monday, March 24, 2014

why mondays are actually the greatest.

People always complain that they get "a case of the Mondays" when in denial that the weekend is over, something that I am sure comes from a want to escape from reality.  But let's be real here, reality is a fun place to be, and if you look at it differently, Monday can be really great.  Here's why:

  • It's the time when you can tell all of your crazy, funny stories from the weekend/holiday just enough times that by the time they have been overtold, something great has already happened. Need I explain my awesome weekend again?
  • You have no reason to say that you "want this week to be over" because (in theory) nothing has happened yet; you've just woken up, and if you're like me, eaten breakfast.
  • How you do your Monday can set the tone for the rest of the week.  I like to start off my Mondays with breakfast, a morning workout session, and then some form of time killer before my first and only class at 12:20.  Usually I spend the afternoon doing homework or laundry before dinner and sorority chapter meetings at 9:15.
  • There is a 100% chance that YOU are in control of everything that can and will happen this week.  Maybe I'm in a better mood because my week isn't half as hectic as last week was, and is the first in a while where I have no tests or papers due, but it is something to smile at.
Go forth and conquer this Monday with all of the confidence and happiness that I am sure you have.  And with that, here is a new inspirational background to reset your computer with for the week!


1 comment: