Language Translation

Friday, August 17, 2012

Orientation 101

Whew-that was a looooong first day of orientation if I must say so myself!  While I am very tired from today, it was extremely informative and helpful to know some of what goes on at the university while not in class.  We learned about the following, and you may want to find these out for your own school if you do not know already:

  • Academic Resource Center: good for tutoring and extra help!
  • Counseling Center: there is always someone there to talk to you.
  • Dean's Office: literally ANYTHING you need they have here, along with an awesome staff!
  • Emergency Network Notification: it is important to know your school's emergency procedures in case of weather, fire, or any other emergency.  Also it may be helpful to find out if your school has a way to notify you if there is any sort of emergency.
  • Health and Wellness Center: basically a fancy term for a gym, they may have different fitness classes and equipment.
  • Health Center: there are probably a few doctors who work at your school and cover any health concerns you may have and provide flu shots, vaccines, etc.
  • Police Department: just a good resource to know and use to your advantage!
I don't know about you, but I am super excited for classes to start!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,

    We're so proud of you and we know that you are going to do great at The U!

    We love you!
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete