People had been telling me for months. The most exciting event of orientation by far. And they were right. Cane Fest. In one word, I would describe it as insanity. In a few words, complete and utter insanity but lots and lots of fun. I loved every minute of it. Going with MT7, I had no idea what to expect. We had to wait in long lines to get in and the crowds were everywhere. But once I saw all of the booths, I was reminded why I love events like this.
Almost every student organization had a booth set up, from community service to religious groups and everything in between. Different vendors had coupons for frozen yogurt, pizza, and grocery stores. Ice cream, sushi, fruit, and pizza samples lined the perimeter of the basketball court. And in the four aisles were club representatives giving incentives for students to join their clubs. I have honestly never seen so much candy and junk in my life. My favorite giveaway-the fake ray-ban sunglasses with orange, green, and white frames. But I absolutely loved the flashing blue-light shutter shades from Publix. Those definitely made an impression the first time that I put them on.
As if that room wasn't enough, there was yet another room with even more groups, food, and prize incentives. And who isn't up for a free t-shirt? If you ever think that you have a shortage on t-shirts, come to college. I have already gotten about three in the last week!
And a special guest paid us a visit-Sebastian, the greatest college mascot in the world!
Tonight I signed up for a few clubs and am applying to be a campus admissions tour guide. What would []_[] do?

No comments:
Post a Comment