If you did not read my last post about the first day of classes, you are probably thinking to yourself "what the heck is a second first day?"...well, my only advice is to read the post about the first first day and you will be on top of things.
Ok, since I feel like an affirmation right now...yay second day of classes! It was awesome to meet my other two teachers and classmates for ENG105 (English) and TAL103 (Foundations of Educational Psychology). English seems like it is going to be fascinating. Because there is an election coming up, all of our readings will be coming from memoirs of past presidents and our papers will be formatted similarly. There will be plenty of group presentations and writing workshops, and I am already thinking of what to write in my first paper, where we have to ask ourselves "Who am I?". In TAL103, the material looks interesting, which makes me happy because it is a requirement for my major off elementary education. There will be lots of opportunities for extra credit and the final project at the end of the semester seems right up my alley. I actually cannot wait to get started on the work for this class because I know that it will be great preparation for when I am an elementary school teacher one day.
I'm not going to lie-I love the college schedule much more than mine from senior year. I am done with classes for the day at 12:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:05 on Mondays and Fridays, and 4:25 on Wednesdays because of my 3:35 UMX class. This gives me plenty of time to exercise, go to club meetings, do homework, and have general free time. Luckily my earliest class is at 9:05, so I can wake up by 8:00 most mornings and still be on time to class!
Here's to hoping that a hurricane does not hit the hurricanes this weekend. I hope []_[] have a great rest of the day!
We are really enjoying hearing about your life at the "U" through your blog. It sounds like you have great classes!
ReplyDeleteLove you lots,
G and P