Hecht Residential College is heading downtown to watch the hometown Florida Marlins take on the New York Mets tomorrow night! We all paid a small fee and are bussing to the new baseball stadium to watch the game as a building. I am so excited because I saw the Marlins play in 2007, but that was in their old stadium. What a fantastic way to kick off the weekend!
Also, tomorrow, we will all be "wearing our colors" tomorrow in anticipation for the first college football game of the season! Even though the game is up north at Boston College, we will be supporting from home. On Saturday afternoon, the Hecht faculty master has invited all of the residents to her family's apartment for free pizza and wings to watch the Hurricanes take on the mighty Eagles.
Saturday, Jenna and I are going shopping to hit Labor Day sales and check out the area. At Cane Fest, we received multiple coupons for stores, restaurants, and all sorts of different places, and we plan to check out as many as we can before the 3:30 football game. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!
After a long Sunday of doing homework, Monday we plan to hit the beach for Labor Day because once again, there are no classes! South Beach awaits us as we plan to tan, swim, tan, eat, and did I mention tan? Plus, from 2:00-4:00, there will be a Labor Day barbecue back on campus for the freshmen and RAs, AFs, and anyone in a freshman residential college building.
Needless to say, we are definitely living it up here at the U! Best wishes for a fun and safe weekend. And best of luck to my high school alma mater in the first varsity football game of the season. I'll be cheering for the mighty bulldogs!
Hannah,
ReplyDeleteWe hope you have an amazing weekend - sounds busy and fun! And, most importantly, Go Canes! We love you!
Love,
Mom