Okay, I've been keeping a secret from you. And it's been long enough now that I just have to tell you! Just a few weeks ago, I found out that my application and interview were accepted and I am the newest Public Relations Co-Chair for CANESdm - Dance Marathon at University of Miami! I heard about the opportunity through one of my kappa sisters when she posted in our Facebook group. After applying and going in for a successful and fun interview, I was selected to be on the 2013 executive board. Tonight is our first meeting, and I am excited because this is a new opportunity and activity that I have not tried yet!
Our motto is FTK, which means "for the kids." In November, we will dance for those who can't while fundraising for Miami Children's Hospital. As Public Relations, my co-chair and I will work on publicizing the event within the university community at events such as Cane Fest. We will co-chair the publicity committee and be in charge of tabling schedules and planning community exposure to DM. I absolutely love working with children, and this fundraising event for them I think will be the perfect way for me to get even more involved on campus for the next few semesters!
Have a great rest of your week!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment