Language Translation

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Crafty

I am the first to admit that I am not an artistic person.  In high school I took choir to meet my arts requirement and once that was done I kept going on with my normal life as I knew it.  The only "craft" that I am decently good at is baking.  Since starting a baking board on Pinterest, I have tried so many different recipes in the kitchen.  My personal favorites are Chocolate Chip Cookie and Oreo Brownie BarsCookies and Cream Oreo Fudge Brownies, and Ice Cream Sundae Brownies.  So how does this all relate to my being artistic exactly?

Since joining Kappa, I have a newfound appreciation for items that are "crafted" i.e. painted picture frames, water bottles, etc.  All of it fascinates me, and even though it is a year away I need to start building my artistic repertoire so that I can spoil my little with some pretty incredible stuff like Blakely did for me.  On Monday new members will be buying supplies to make paddles for their bigs, a sorority tradition that dates back several decades.  I have found THE most perfect idea for Blakely's and made the official sketch and color sketch last night (blueprint and everything) with measurements and accessories chosen.  I am very excited to implement all of my ideas into something new.

So I have put myself to a March challenge: get crafty!  With spring break and creating my paddle, I have plenty of time to get to this goal.  Who knows-maybe there is some talent in me that I have never found before?  It is definitely a healthier alternative than spending all that time in the kitchen!  Here is some of my inspiration:







Any suggestions?  Post them here-I can't wait to share my crafty creations with you!

Have a great weekend.

xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment