February 5-7: The Alpha Epsilon Pi Games. A takeoff of the actual Hunger Games, AEPi (a campus fraternity) is hosting 3 days of events to benefit their philanthropy, Save A Child's Heart. It all begins with a photo scavenger hunt tomorrow followed by Pie-A-Brother, a kickball tournament, pie baking, canvas decorating, and t-shirts. Go Kappa!February 7: "When I Grow Up" Mixer with Lambda Chi Alpha. This is going to be my first mixer with a frat, and I am very excited! People are getting creative with their costumes so I need to get a good idea...Pinterest perhaps???
February 8-10: SPORTSFEST! This is the annual competition between dorms on campus for overall bragging rights for the rest of the year. I am captain of the MT7 team and we are ready to get in fighting shape to win. Oh Yeah, Hecht Yeah.February 11-15: Kappa Kappa Gamma Book Fair. This is our spring philanthropy event benefiting Reading Is Fundamental. Parents from the local schools come onto campus to buy books from us and friends can buy books to donate back to us for Reading Buddies, which I am going to this week. In the fall we have our bigger philanthropy event, Kappa Kappa Gametime.
February 18-22: Secret Sister Week. This week, we get presents each day in the suite or our dorm rooms from our Key Sister, who becomes our mentor for our entire time in Kappa! I don't know what they planned for reveal this year, but it sure will be fun!
February 23-March 3: Greek Week. Essentially a Homecoming week just for fraternities and sororities, organizations join together to earn points for their teams in different events like the blood drive, organized cheer competition, Greek God/Goddess pageant, philanthropy events, and more! We have already been warned to do our homework for this week the week before because everything is so much fun. Go Red Team!
So that's the month in a nutshell. Throw in Valentine's Day, a few tests and papers (it's that time of the semester again!) and a couple of club/sorority meetings here and there, and you have yourself the month of February.
Have a great day!
xoxo

You are one busy college girl!! love you!!
ReplyDelete