Language Translation

Friday, December 21, 2012

Five Favorites Feature: NC Knockouts.


So if you haven't figured it out by now, North Carolina is indeed my favorite state.  Even though I love living in Florida for many reasons, I dream of living somewhere in North Carolina when I am working. The state has it all-beach, mountains, sun, snow, etc.-more variety than I ever had growing up.  Since I am going there tomorrow and tomorrow is Friday, I am dedicating a different Five Favorites post to my ever-favorite state:

1) The Weather: when we get there tomorrow and for the rest of the week, the high temperature will barely go above 50 degrees.  Even though there is no prediction of snow until after we leave, I am always hopeful for a nice snow dust.  But I am very excited for the cold weather because it means actually having an excuse to break out my riding/slouch boots, favorite winter coat, and cute sweaters and scarves.  I love winter fashion and have not had a chance to sport it since starting a new life in south Florida.


2) Reuniting the Fantastic Four: Bradley, Aaron, Joel, and I were the first four cousins on my mom's side of the family for seven years until our cousin Morgan was born.  Because we are close in age, the four of us spend a lot of time together during family breaks and keep in touch during the school year.  Every summer since I was eleven, we have spent the summers at SeaGull (them) and Seafarer (me), a family connection that we share deeply.  I am so excited to see and spend time with my cousins who I love very much because we do not get to see each other often.


3) Seeing My Grandparents: I love Bubbie and Pop-pop so much, but we do not get to see them very often because they live in North Carolina.  I enjoy cooking with Bubbie, especially baking her chocolate chip banana bread (the best breakfast ever!) and Toll House cookies from scratch.  Pop-pop is a great guitar player and is always picking up on music that Aaron and I like so that we can sing along.  Both of them encourage family together time, which is why we have spent some winters with the whole family in Colorado.  When in NC, we will all be together, which makes everyone very happy.


4) Really Great Food: family meal time is always special, but it is even more special when the food is good.  We have some pretty great dinners and family gatherings planned that I know will make the tummy very happy.  From banana cake breakfast to a steak dinner, it will be nice to taste real food with the people I love.  My mouth is watering from just writing this post!


5) The iPad: my number one travel survival tool.  I just got this really cool Lilly case for mine last week that makes it even more fun to use.  I have loaded several movies and new songs onto it that will last the whole trip.  Aaron will be studying for his exams during the 7-hour car trip (groan) but I need some form of entertainment so this is perfect!  And at some point I might even crash asleep because we are leaving so early in the morning and it is almost midnight.  So sleep, movies, and music will make up the most of the car ride tomorrow, and perhaps I can get some magazines and books for the way home.

Safe travels to anyone leaving for the holidays!  Have a great weekend.

xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment