Language Translation

Monday, December 24, 2012

Live on Location

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!  My name is Hannah, and today I am bringing you a live blog report from North Carolina, where the weather is partly cloudy with a high chance of all-day rain, slight wind, and overall cooler temperatures...okay, I am not actually broadcasting today's post, but with it being my first one out of the state ever, I wanted to make it something special.  So for your listening and viewing pleasure, click the video below for some enjoyable music to carry you through the post.


If you didn't get it from my first post, I love the state of North Carolina and have been enjoying every minute of my time here.  On Saturday night, we hung out with the whole family before going to our favorite Greek restaurant.  After dinner, my mom, aunt, cousin Bradley, and I went to Trader Joe's, this really amazing grocery store that we do not have back at home, and got all of our favorite products.  I love their mini chocolate peanut butter cups while my brother could live off their chocolate covered s'mores.


Then yesterday I went for a run in my grandparents' neighborhood.  It felt so nice to be outside and actually need running pants and fleece.  Plus, the NC hills made for a nice setting as I built up some strength in the process.  Then we went back to the cousins' house to play Scattergories and Apples to Apples (my personal favorite game-which I won!) while munching on my aunt's snacks before going back to home base to get ready for dinner.  Dinner was at a local steakhouse where the family and some family friends got together for one incredible meal.  So Good.  I am still coming out of the food coma that put me right to sleep last night.  Everything about dinner was great, from the family togetherness to quality of food.  And wearing a new outfit might have helped, too.


With it being Christmas Eve, we are hosting all of the same people tonight at my grandparents' house for a big dinner before going to my cousins' tomorrow for Christmas breakfast.  Because it is raining today, it looks like we will be spending the majority of the day inside cooking and preparing for dinner.  Every moment here is special, and I would not have it any other way.  Even though we go home on Wednesday, I am making the most of my time here.  Break is going to fly by now, so it is important to enjoy every last second of it.

To those of you celebrating, have a Merry Christmas.  No matter how you do it or whether you celebrate it or not, cherish the time these next two days with the ones you love.  It makes for the most precious of memories.

This is Hannah signing out from North Carolina.  From my location to yours, Merry Christmas, and may your days be merry and bright.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment