With the recent onslaught of study guides on notes on hours in the library on a weird sleep schedule on everything else, I needed to take a break to blog even though I promised not to until Thursday...well I lied. My first exam is in 12 hours and 52 minutes (not that I am counting, anyway!) so I am dedicating 3 and a half more hours from the time I finish this post to studying and then sleeping until 9-ish and then more review/breakfast before hitting LC110 for this religion final. Wow, that's a lot of time!
Tonight I participated in one of the favorite campus traditions that comes to UM during finals week, which is the annual late-night breakfast! Senior dorm staff (area directors, faculty masters), student council, and other important campus leaders and workers switched places with the Chartwells dining hall workers to serve the 1000+ students that attended a free late-night breakfast! There was everything that campus has for breakfast-french toast sticks, potatoes, eggs, pastries, bagels, fruit-and Starbucks coffee, hot chocolate, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and all of the whipped cream that you wanted. The workers wore Santa hats and wished everyone good luck on finals, and it was the perfect way to kick off the next two days (for me) or week (for everyone else).
This afternoon I decorated my first Christmas tree! HCC bought a small "holiday" (Christmas) tree for the lobby and we had a box of ornaments and decorating lights. I had fun with the fellow floor reps and e-board members decorating for the holidays. We even pulled out a new Hanukkah menorah with twisty bulbs for each of the eight nights to put on the front desk counter.
Monday (yesterday), the pre-vet society brought adoptable puppies to snuggle and play with on the green. Again, this was another pre-finals tradition that so much of the student body participated in that they had to bring it back. It was a lot of fun and a great stress reliever, not that I am majorly stressed or anything (but aren't we all?).
And this past weekend started the annual freshman dorm "study break" snacks served up by the staff, RAs, and AFs. On Sunday, we got free Toll House ice cream cookie sandwiches and last night we got Mrs. Fields cookie cake and lemonade. Tonight it was late night breakfast and tomorrow night brings out the hot Krispy Kreme donuts. I am gone for some of the good ones like Cuban pastries and McDonald's apple pie, but I think that it is better to be home than anything, especially after finals.
So, kind of a backwards post, but I wouldn't have it any other way. My mind is processing a million different facts about American religions from Christianity to Voudou, and I plan to nail every fact between now and the time I go to bed. Then Thursday I have Educational Psychology and I am gone gone gone.
Have a great Wednesday and think of us college students drowning in the midst of books and notes. I can't wait to see my Jacksonville friends so so soon and my NC family as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment