Well, it's still the season of joy, so I'm posting more holiday music until January 1. Get excited.
So it's no secret here that I work out almost every day. Well, at least 5 days each week I go to the gym for a full workout and try to at least run or do something the other two. Since coming home, I have been able to go back to my old gym and do workouts with one of the personal trainers on staff. She has helped me develop an exercise routine that burns ~600+ calories the whole way through. So since I have no school updates for you, here is my new and improved daily workout with the new (finally!) updated workout playlist.
Workout:
1) I run 2 miles on the treadmill at an enjoyable pace, usually 5.5-5.7 miles per hour (about a 10:30-10:54 mile). When I ran cross country in high school, we raced for time, but running a little slower has allowed me to actually enjoy my time as opposed to shaking the treadmill and scaring the people next to me. Sometimes I kick it up to a 10:00 mile when I want to finish quicker, but running slower is just more (wait for it!) fun.
2) I do a weight routine that focuses on one or two parts of the body each day: arms, legs, and abs. Sometimes I do a weight circuit on the body machines at the gym but for my abs and sometimes legs, I will use strength equipment like the resistance bands, medicine balls, or wrap weights. Since starting this new routine, I can see that my legs are getting more toned (not like the ones in this picture!), and I am able to lift a little more than I used to. Once I like my strength, I will focus more on cardio to burn some extra fat!
3) I finish up with 30 minutes on the elliptical/ARC trainer machine. While not quite the same exercise as running, it is a good way to stretch out the legs and finish up an already tough workout. Depending what time I am at the gym, I watch the news, Ellen Show, a sports match, or a tv show/movie. The majority of ellipticals at my home gym have TVs attached, but at school there are a lot of scattered flatscreens for enjoyment.
Playlist: I have created a new playlist with a very broad mix of songs that pump me up from the start when I am working out! Here are my favorite 10 of the 30 on my list:
1) We Got The Party by Hannah Montana
2) Danza Kuduro by Don Omar & Lucenzo
3) Hey Baby (Drop it to the Floor) [feat. T-Pain] by Pitbull
4) Sorry for Party Rocking by LMFAO
5) The One That Got Away by Katy Perry
6) You Make Me Feel...(feat Sabi) by Cobra Starship
6) Fighter by Christina Aguilera
7) Live While We're Young by One Direction
8) More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix) by Usher
9) Lights by Ellie Goulding
10) Titanium (feat. Sia) by David Guetta & Sia
Have a great day!
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment