Language Translation

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Five Holiday Favorites



Christmas Lights: my street is known for having some of the most decorated homes in the entire neighborhood.  Even though we do not get much wintery weather in northern Florida, people make up for that with some pretty great decorations.  Even the moderately decorated houses look good.  My favorite house on our street turns their front columns into candy canes and the big trees in the front yard to Christmas trees with massive ornaments.  Our neighbors across the street added music to their light display this year, becoming part of the phenomenon capturing houses across the country.

Classic Movies: even though I celebrate Hanukkah, I absolutely love curling up on the couch with my mom and/or family and friends to watch a good Christmas movie.  I follow the ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas each year and also listen to the Christmas radio station back at home.  My favorite Christmas movie is indeed Elf but I love several others across a broad genre spectrum including Miracle on 34th Street, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and Four Christmases.  If it's good and/or funny, I'm in!

UGG Boots: although it does not get too cold in Florida, I am looking forward to breaking out one of my UGG pairs when we go to North Carolina in a few days!  The insulated boots are perfect for a cold day and look good with everything.  I have the classic tall ones shown above and a really cute pair of grey knit button boots with lower fur lining.  They are also great travel boots, especially in the airport, because they slide on and off.  My one tip is to wear a thin sock with them because they mold if you do not!

Starbucks Flavored Drinks: I was never a big coffee drinker in high school until I found the Skinny Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks in the airport last Christmas.  They started serving holiday drinks in our library Starbucks the week after Thanksgiving even though it was still in the 70s and 80s in Miami.  The colored cups and seasonal flavors add a nice kick to an already great drink, but they won't be around for much longer so go try one ASAP!

Candy & Treats: I love baking, chocolate, and candy.  But I love it even more around the holidays because there is something festive about it.  My favorite treat is the Peppermint Bark from Williams-Sonoma pictured above, but I love almost anything with a hint of peppermint flavor.  Christmas cookies from the grocery store are also a hit, as are the delicious cupcakes that my RA brought us for the MT7 holiday party, and flavored hot chocolate.  NOM NOM NOM.

Have a great day, everyone!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment