Language Translation

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Friends are Friends Forever


Not exactly a holiday song, but a good one at that.  Today I got to see Sam, one of my good friends from high school.  Even though we only became friends during our senior year, I consider her one of my closest friends who I hold a special place for in my heart.  She is one of the sweetest, kindest, most humble people I know.  I have a lot of good friends, camp friends, school friends, family friends, and those random "friends" on Facebook, but nothing compares to a night out between close friends.



We went to La Nopalera, a local Mexican restaurant, for dinner, talking about our different college experiences and enjoying the meal.  Last January, a bunch of us held a surprise birthday party for her at the same restaurant, so it was fun reminiscing.  Then after dinner, we went to the movie theater down the street to see The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Even a second time, it was fantastic.  I am sad that the series is over, but like good friends, it will always be there (well, on my computer and DVD disk, anyway).

Recently, I have been shopping for recruitment clothes (check!) and enjoying the peace and quiet of being home for the holidays.  Next week I will be doing some long hours of babysitting Monday through Wednesday before heading to North Carolina for a few days and Christmas.  Hanukkah has been great, too, especially because I have been home!  UM closed at noon today, so now everyone is on break for the duration.  I cannot believe how fast the semester flew by-break will go by even faster, so it is important to treasure every minute of it.  Good thing I am happy to go back to school come January.  It is a win-win situation regardless.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment