It is 12:25 here in MT704, and I have decided to sit at my desk one last time this semester before packing up my belongings and heading home for the holidays. It is a bittersweet feeling-I am so happy to go home, sleep in my queen size bed, take a barefoot shower, eat home cooked food, and be in some cooler weather. But I am going to miss living with friends, the Miami atmosphere, and having my own television/living space. Luckily, I know that I am coming back in a month so it is not like leaving camp-a sad feeling when you know that you won't be back for nine long months.
The semester has been fun. No matter what people tell you in high school, college is a completely different world. The classes are actually interesting, you pick your teachers, and the free time is absolutely incredible. I remember being in high school and juggling five classes a day, volunteer work on and off campus, going to the gym, making room for eating and sleeping, and then figuring out when to do homework. In college, I built a schedule based on what I wanted to do, and I have found myself enjoying it so much more. Yes, there is a lot of work that I still have no interest in doing no matter what the class, but that's life! It is going to be weird not having anything to do, especially when in high school our exams fell after break so we studied then.
Next semester brings a new slate of opportunities and experiences for me. Immediately when I come back to campus, I will be going through Panhellenic Formal Recruitment and end up with a group that I will call home for the rest of my life. In February, Hecht and Stanford will compete in the annual SportsFest challenge for year-long bragging rights. March brings spring break. In April, we will put all of our hard work into action at the annual 18-hour Relay for Life event here on campus. Mix that in with a few sorority mixers, socials, and meetings and you get the Taylor Swift concert shortly after. Then finals and a long, hot summer. Can you believe that? Time sure does fly when you are having fun. To prove my point, here are two first-day-of-school pictures: the first from my first day of junior kindergarten in 1998 and the second from my first day of college classes.
I hope that you have a wonderful day and a great start to the weekend. Be sure to capture every moment because " Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
XOXO


No comments:
Post a Comment