Language Translation

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

serendipity and sunshine.

Last week I had my annual semester class registration appointment with my advisor and am starting to reach denial that I am going to be a junior in the fall with half of my college experience behind me!  When planning my schedule with her, however, I declared that I wanted to pick up a second minor in psychology.  But as we looked at the minor requirements it appeared that I would basically have to retake two classes that I have taken in another department.  So her advice to me this semester was to take some serendipity classes, those that may not apply directly to my major or minor but would fill my elective credits just for fun.  And with my intentions of becoming a speech pathologist, she recommended some psychology and communications classes that would be good for me to take.  And I have taken her advice and created an ideal schedule with some alternate classes that will hopefully become my schedule when I register tomorrow.  At UM we register for classes based on credits which basically gives priority to upperclassmen (oh wait-that's me!) and anyone who came in with AP credits.


Sunshine, on the other hand, is a state of cheerfulness or happiness.  It seems the only fitting word to describe how I feel today to be participating in our Panhellenic philanthropy for Circle of Sisterhood.  The executive board and coordinators are selling stitched letter headbands and we have a banner set up in the center of our campus breezeway where people can sign for $1.  All Panhellenic women have been encouraged to wear our Recruitment Open House shirts today to promote Panhell love and community.  Panhell love has brought me closer to my friends in other sororities, especially this girl who has not only become my best friend but one of my apart-mates for next year!


Serendipity and Sunshine...two beautiful words with a positive connotation that could not be more fitting for a day like today.  Happy Wednesday (Hump Day) to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment