Language Translation

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

too perfect for words.

This past weekend we had our annual plaque reveal.  It is tradition in Greek organizations that littles make their bigs paddles or plaques (depending on the national organization) as a way to thank them for guiding them through the semester and the initiation process.  After an adorable photo scavenger hunt, we had to find our pictures taped to one of the prettier buildings on campus and our plaques were below.  My littles truly blew me away with their work.  They accidentally did the same pattern on their plaques in different colors, which just happens to be my favorite Lilly Pulitzer print, Chiquita Bonita!  I told them it was only fitting that they picked that pattern, for chiquita bonita means "pretty little girl" in Spanish, and they are my pretty littles!  The two of them are some of the craftiest, most creative girl I know and every day I am so thankful that I have them.  I cannot wait to hang their plaques on one of my walls next year in the apartment as a reminder of this amazing semester and my love for them.


Stunning, right?  And get this-I met one of my littles when we went to see Despicable Me 2 in North Beach and we bonded over our love of the crazy, tiny, cute minions.  So how perfect is it that she made the back of her plaque what would be the sorority version of a Despicable Me minion.  I am obsessed and am going to have to find a creative way to hang it next year so that I can see both sides!


This weekend I was reminded again why I love my sorority.  The outpouring of love from littles to bigs and the littles to their new member mom was truly inspiring and definitely put everyone in a good mood going into one of the last weeks of the semester.  I am lucky to have the twins in my life, and all of the girls in our chapter who I call my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment