Language Translation

Monday, November 12, 2012

Busy Bee or Lazy Me?

This time of the semester classes are coming to a close, registration is opening for spring, and you can feel a vibe in the air that says "I'm going home soon" or "It's almost finals."  With that vibe comes a different attitude in the student body.  No longer is it "I have to go to my 8 am class" or "I'm going to look nice for class" but more like a "what time can I get up and not be too late for my 8 am."  That's right.  Whatever happened to the good-looking busy bees has disappeared for the interim and turned us into some pretty "lazy me's."

Sad to admit, I am one of the lazy me's that has hit campus recently.  Earlier in the semester, I would wake up at 7 am on Monday and Wednesday to go to the gym before my classes started, spend afternoons doing homework in the library, and scheduling every single moment of my free time.  Now that is not to say that I am not working out-because I am-but I am scheduling my time more towards what I want to be doing vs. what I can avoid to do.  So remember that schedule that I told you was a "typical Tuesday?"...well, here's what happened to my busy bee time and has turned into a lazy me Monday.  I promise to follow this all throughout the day tomorrow because with only nine days left until I go home (crazy, right?), there's not a minute left to waste!

12:30: hit the showers!
12:58: bedtime, yes!
8:30: wake up, check my phone for new text messages and emails
8:45: out of bed, to the bathroom to brush my teeth; Today Show on while getting ready
9:55: out the door, on the dot, to Merrick 308-A for TAL 101
11:06: in my seat for REL 101
12:19: lunch in Mahoney-Pearson dining hall
1:15: gym workout! (oh boy, my favorite)
2:30: back to the dorm to shower
3:15: pack my stuff and head to the stack tower for study time
5:00: COS 211 (Public Speaking class)
6:23: dinner in Hecht-Stanford Residential dining hall
7:00: check facebook, blog, instagram, etc. with some background music
8:00: downstairs to the fish bowl study room to finish up what I haven't done for Tuesday yet
10:30: back in my room because I probably couldn't focus too long downstairs
11:00: tying up any loose ends for tomorrow, soothing background music playing
11:45-ish: bedtime, see ya tomorrow!

Have a great Monday, everyone!  Hope it's not too manic!

No comments:

Post a Comment