And tonight I am thankful for another family football tradition. Each team has its rivals and the big games that attract national audiences. Florida vs Georgia. UNC vs Duke. The list goes on. But in the words of my father, "I didn't like Virginia Tech when I was growing up. I didn't like Virginia Tech when I went to Virginia. And, I have disliked the Hokies my entire adult life. So, you are carrying on an important legacy tonight - rooting for your team when they play Virginia Tech!"
And that I am. Keeping up a family tradition that has kept us bonded together through a mutual love of America's greatest sport. All that I can say is that Hurricane Sandy sure brought us some momentum because the 'canes sure wiped out those hokies like the Atlantic City boardwalk. And then some. Even though I had so much to do tonight and did not go to the game, I enjoyed it from the comfort of my dorm room. I decluttered my desk thanks to tips from The College Prepster, rearranged some furniture to make it feel more homey, and applied for my job at Seafarer for the summer all while watching a really great football game.
Hopefully my family recorded the CMA Awards, which I used to watch with them every year since eighth grade, because tonight this game was just too important. I was able to catch Blake Shelton win Entertainer of the Year, which I think he totally deserved! He and Miranda Lambert are just so cute together, and both of them sat in shock when he won.
I got lucky that my only class tomorrow is an exam, so I am off to study until I fall asleep, then wake up and study more! I am grateful that the football game was tonight because now I have Saturday and Sunday free to get stuff done. And now if you're wondering the purpose of the title this far into the post, here is the list of things I am currently thankful for:
- Keeping up a family football rivalry tradition and watching it turn into a big W as well.
- Being able to live organized and clutter-free for the rest of the semester.
- Two full days with nothing planned but some homework time.
- This blog, which is about to get 2,000 hits.
- Country music awards shows, which always provide the best entertainment
What are you thankful for?
XOXO

No comments:
Post a Comment