Language Translation

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Spring is a-Springin'

I hope that you like the title and get the pun that I put inside it!  If you don't like it or don't get it, I am sorry but I won't be changing it anytime soon.  But it's perky message is clear and true-spring is coming (even in November) here at Miami, and everyone is waiting for its light at the end of the dark tunnel that we call final exams.



What you are looking at now is my official Spring 2013 schedule!!!  I got all of the classes and professors that I wanted, and I will decode it for you:

ENG 106: English Composition II (Peace, Love, and Understanding the 1960s)
EPS 270: Lifespan Human Development (for my HSD minor)
KIN 150: General Nutrition for Health and Performance (so so so excited!)
MTH 113: Finite Math: Conceptual Exploration of Number Systems for Education Majors
TAL 305: Classroom and Behavioral Management (amazing teacher!)

Also in regards to classes, my UMX class will be ending for the semester at 4:25 today as we wrap up final presentations about student organizations.  The final exam is online and open-note, so there is not much to worry about anymore.  Given, I won't be in class next week because I'll be on the shuttle to Miami International Airport heading home and we get a break due to the online final exam, it is going to be weird not having any afternoon classes on Wednesday anymore except for my 5:00 one, which I consider a night class.


What else, then, is there to look forward to for spring?  Sorority Rush!  Tomorrow night I am going to the final fall Panhellenic Association event for PNMs (potential new members), which is called Sorority Showcase.  We get to visit each of the seven Panhellenic suites in their building and talk to members one last time before formal recruitment begins in January. I am excited for recruitment week, even though I have heard that it is stressful, because it will kick off second semester pretty smoothly, give us time to adjust after break, and then provide us with hundreds of new friends and familiar faces once classes begin.

After today begins another stressful assignment period for me, so I apologize if there are not that many posts between now and next week.  I have something due every class day between Friday and Wednesday, and I will be very busy finishing each one.  Three of my four classes next Wednesday were cancelled, but I do not think that anyone is going to even show up to the one that I have!  The whole day I will have a lot of free time, sleep late, go to class and the gym before showering and leaving for the airport.  I am looking forward to seeing my family, sleeping in my own bed, and celebrating Thanksgiving with everyone.  But I will be back home December 6 night for the month, so there is a lot of time between now and January to see everybody!  Can you see how close it is to spring now?

Have a great Wednesday, and in case you were wondering, I am still smiling from yesterday.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment