Language Translation

Friday, November 23, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


This is by far one of my favorite holiday songs, and I am going to keep the holiday tunes coming with blog posts from now until the end of December.  And in case you were wondering, I am blogging right now from home!  I have had a lovely time at home so far with my family.  We ate the traditional pre-Thanksgiving feast on Wednesday night after I got home from the airport.  On Thursday I baked with my mom while watching the Macy's parade and eating breakfast with my dad.  We had a fantastic meal with family and friends on Thanksgiving with a huge dessert buffet.  And today my mom and I did Black Friday for the first time at the local mall, hitting some big deals before going to Chick-fil-a, where I had not been since camp!  Then I got to bake my favorite cookie brownie supreme bars before watching TV with my fam.  Tonight I went with my parents to our favorite restaurant, J Alexander's, before doing some night shopping.  So you could say right now that it has been a great break so far!  Tomorrow we are going to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 and watch football-Miami vs Duke and Virginia vs VT-before I go back to school Sunday afternoon.  Even though it will be sad to say good-bye on Sunday, I will be back ten days later once my two finals are over!  And then I will be home for a month before rush begins.

I will say that it is nice to take barefoot showers again, sleep in a queen size bed, watch TV on a big couch, and eat homemade/good restaurant food!  The weather has been great, too.  I have been able to wear boots every day that I have been back, and I bought a new pair of Madden slouchy boots tonight as well!

The holiday spirit is in the air as it is truly the most wonderful time of the year.  Neighbors are starting to put up their holiday lights, and I am looking forward to the neighborhood displays once I come back from exams.  I hope that you have had a wonderful holiday and look forward to many more memories in the coming weeks.

xoxo

1 comment: