Language Translation

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fresh New Experience

I absolutely love this song and think it is very fitting with this post.  Enjoy!

Today marked the beginning of the weekly farmers' market on campus!  I had been looking forward to this event for weeks, and it did not disappoint.  In fact, my interest in farmers' markets began with the Riverside Arts Market when my mom took me in November 2009 during Thanksgiving break.


While not a traditional farmers' market, it still fascinated me how so many people would come to check out fresh fruits, vegetables, baked goods, and handmade products.  Last spring, my high school joined with the lower school to create a farmers' market on the river campus, where in addition to the above, fresh eggs and flowers were sold.  Today's had a combination of the Riverside and my old school's markets, and I am looking forward to going each week.

In honor of this being one of my favorite parts about school so far, I am going to dedicate my Wednesday posts each or every other week to the farmers' market.  I plan to visit all of the booths by the end of the semester and pick out my favorite items each week to review and share.  Next week I may have to bring my Lilly grocery bag to fill it with the fruits, vegetables, and other products that I usually buy at the grocery store.  Everything is made in the local area, which is beneficial for health.  Enjoy some of the pictures below from the first market today and expect more each week!

The French bakery shared fresh breads and other treats that I usually find at the Fresh Market grocery store.

This table sold several different flavors of locally produced honey.

This man sold different types of popcorn, and you can see the []_[] themed popcorn on the left.  I may plan to come here for some holiday gifts...I know someone in my house would appreciate that!

There's Zak the Baker with his organic sourdough bread.  He had so many different types that it will be hard to pick which one I am going to want next time!

 Today I went to the bakery table and bought this delectable treat, a cookie-brownie, which is also my favorite treat that I make for my family at home.

It tasted heavenly!  Don't you want a piece of this?




No comments:

Post a Comment