Put the video aside, hit play, and read the rest of this post. I really liked this song and thought it was fitting for today.
If you read my post earlier about appreciating the little things (or if not, it's from September 9), you'll remember that I explained how because our time in college is so precious, it is time to make valuable memories because the four years fly by.
Tonight I got to experience on of the most fun nights with my floor at our dinner tonight in a faculty master's apartment. At 4:30, a bunch of girls on my floor and I went down to the apartment on the first floor with our RA and academic fellow, Eric, to make dinner! Capps found the perfect recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese, and we made that in addition to Caesar salad, fruit, and chocolate chip cookies. We had so much fun making the food with the children who lived there! Then the rest of the floor came down in shifts as we ate family style in the living room. Quite honestly, it was perfect. It felt like a family dinner back at home as we sat around telling stories, complaining about the homework load, and being together. Because our schedules are so different now, it was nice to take a break from the long day of work and spend time together. I got to know some girls on the other side of the hall as we enjoyed the home cooked meal.
Such a nice break from the dining hall food I have to say. Tomorrow may begin another busy week, but we are all counting down the days until parents' weekend this Friday. I cannot wait to see my family, go to a football game with them, and show them around the city and school. It is hard to believe that September is coming to a close! I hope that you had a great weekend, and keep the words of Jo Dee Messina in the back of your head as you go on with the week: "These are the days you will remember for the rest of your life. These are the memories you'll pack in a box and pull out sometimes. So pick the flowers, count the seconds, roll the dice, but baby don't wait until it's too late, put a smile on your face, 'cause these are the days."
No comments:
Post a Comment