In the last 48 hours, I have taken advantage of some different opportunities here on campus that will definitely impact my college experience as a freshman:
- On Monday and yesterday afternoon I went to a free group fitness class called Guts-n-Butts. It was by far the hardest workout that I have ever done, and anyone who knows me knows that I love a good workout. The teacher was fantastic and used different equipment in each class to vary it up. Even though I could barely move for the hours following class, I felt good knowing that I took advantage of a great program and I am excited to try out more.
- On Labor Day I went with some girls on my floor to a free barbecue lunch on the Intramural Field. We were able to meet other freshmen there (always a plus), eat some really good burgers (a Labor Day tradition), and just have fun. It was very hot but a fun way to end another 3-day weekend.
- Last night I went to my first club meeting for Relay for Life. I could not have picked a better organization to work with this year. I am applying to be on a planning subcommittee which will work to plan kickoff and the actual event, which is April 6. This is an organization that has an excellent reputation nationwide, and I am excited to get involved with it this year!
- Finally, after Religion class I went to the University Center for the Study Abroad fair, a program that I would love to do in my sophomore or junior years. I talked to representatives from Rome, London, and Australia, all of which have classes that could meet my major, minor, or general education courses. Each program offers different housing and excursions to other cities (or even countries!) to see famous sights and places.
Right now, I am going to take advantage of my meal plan and get something to eat before doing some homework. I have a four hours left of my five-hour break before Public Speaking tonight and MT7 has an ice cream social with MT6 at 8, so I better get started!
Oh, and Happy 15th Birthday to my brother! I hope you have an amazing day and smile for your learner's permit picture. Enjoy :)




Hannah - I am so pleased to know that you are getting involved in Relay for Life. I participated in the relay for many years when I was working - we had several teams from the hospital, and it was always a fun and very worthwhile event. And, of course, it is for a very good cause. I'm proud of you!!
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Grammie