- With tomorrow being exam day, I stopped in to my religion teacher's office hours today! It was my first time seeing a professor outside of class, and it was extremely helpful. I was very nervous going into it but Dr. M answered all of my questions, explained what I needed (and did not need) to know for the exam, and told me the format of the test. It was very reassuring to know that I was studying the right way and knowing that the test is only 40 questions multiple-choice style. A test is a test, but I feel more confident knowing that I won't need to stay up all night and that I know the majority of the material already. So my advice is:
- Go in with 3-5 (or more) specific questions on material that you do not understand from class. Chances are, you might have already covered it but this will help give more detail.
- Act interested in the subject if you are not already. These teachers are very passionate about their subjects and it will help if you at least show some interest in what you are discussing.
- Find a personal connection to the professor. Mine lives in my dorm and let me know that I can bake in her kitchen when I want to! I may be taking advantage of that soon.
- It helps especially to study before going into office hours. Doing this shows the professor that you care and don't just want all of the answers.
- Okay, y'all, I just had a serious YOLO moment five minutes ago which may interest you. Every now and then UM has food trucks near the University Center during lunch. When I was walking by on my way to the UC lounge, I saw the cutest blue and pink truck called HipPOP, a locally owned food truck that serves gelato, frozen yogurt, and sorbet on popsicle sticks, dips them in chocolate (milk, dark, or white), and then dips them in your choice of nuts, sprinkles, or other tasty toppings. I just HAD to stop by and try one-coconut gelato dipped in dark chocolate and.....delicioso! I am so glad that I took advantage of this tasty treat. After all, you only live once!
I hope everyone is taking advantage of this terrific Tuesday. Whether it's warm, sunny and breezy here in Miami or you are stuck inside because of torrential downpours, find the good in today and it will seem so much better!
Hannah,
ReplyDeleteThat sorbet pop looks delicious - and my favorite, coconut! I hope you are having a great day and I'm so glad you met your Religion professor. Way to go! Good luck on your test tomorrow!
Love you!
Mom