Last summer, my mom sent me a quote book while I was working at Seafarer for the first time. She filled it with poems and quotes from her days working there and encouraged me to do the same as I went through life. Since then, I have written inspirational quotes and song lyrics in it and stuffed the back folder with other ones that friends and counselors gave to me. I think that this small, pink book was the single smartest item that I packed with my stuff for college. Every word is perfect in its own way, and it has brought me happiness, joy, and relief on days that I needed a little more inspiration or just wanted something to make me smile. Today while flipping through it, I found this special one and wanted to post it here in case anybody needed some extra inspiration today. Listen to the song below from one of my favorite musicals as you read the quote and look at the pictures.
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same. And sometimes things happen to you that may seem horrible, painful, and unfair at first, but in reflection you find that without overcoming these obstacles you would have never realized your potential, strength, willpower, or heart. Everything happens for a reason, nothing happens by chance or by means of luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness, and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, whatever they may be, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight flat road to nowhere. It would be safe and comfortable, but dull and utterly pointless. The people you meet who affect your life, and the success and downfalls you experience help to create who you become." -Anonymous
Courtney and I remained still best friends, even after she moved to Scottsdale in 2005. Now in college, we are both on the same coast again!
I had amazing counselors in the summer of 2007 who encouraged me to reach all of my goals. They made that summer great.
Best friends since that summer when we were buddies one time at the swim lake, Emily and I will always be friends, even if we're a thousand miles apart.
How lucky we are to be such great cousins who love to be together. I love spending the holidays with Bradley and Joel in Colorado.
The inseparable five from Cabin 46 2009, my favorite summer at Seafarer. I still remember all of the good times that we spend together.
My family has been the greatest support system for my entire life, and I do not know what I would do without them.
Even though we're on different continents now, you will always be in my heart. I love Zoe and Ellie, my first girl cousins (in 2001 and 2004, respectively), and Alex so much and miss them.
From the summer that she taught me my Sunfish Skipper to my first summer as a counselor, I will always consider Lexi one of my favorite role models. Thank you for always teaching me to look on the bright side.
My team and family that I spent four amazing years with, I will never forget you.
3 C.O.W.S and an Outstanding CILT, Cabin 4 forever and always.
Thank you for showing me that height doesn't always matter. I love you both so much and thank you for making summer 2012 even more special.






No comments:
Post a Comment