Language Translation

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Don't Forget!

Every day when I go to class, I pack my tote bag (no more backpack for this girl!) with everything that I need for the day.  And while this changes, here is a basic idea of the everyday needs and essentials to carry you through the day in college!


1) A really great bag makes carrying everything easy.  My Kappa Kappa Gamma bag looks similar to this one except ours says Kappa on it with our chapter name.  It has one zipper pocket inside and fits everything that I need for a full day on campus.

2) Having a wristlet like this one from Lilly Pulitzer is a great way to keep everything in place.  You have to take your ID EVERYWHERE with you in college-it gets you into buildings, the dining hall, the gym, etc. and this wristlet has a front slot for that.  It also holds iphones with thin cases, some cash, credit/debit/gift cards, and can fit on your wrist or in any bag.


3) A great planner keeps me on track, like this one also from Lilly!  I like to write everything down, as noted in my new year's resolution, and this planner has all of the space you need for keeping track of assignments, meetings, and events.  I personally like the colors and themes that Lilly uses, but there are several companies that make great ones, too!


4) I just got an awesome pink case for my computer, which is great for when I am out of the room all day.  I use my computer for taking notes in some of my classes because some of my teachers upload powerpoints/notes ahead of time before class.  I just put my Kappa is Good bumper sticker on my case, which has added a personal touch!  It is important to bring your charger with you as well, especially if you have long class days.  In between classes, I will recharge my computer in the Kappa suite so that I have enough battery power for the whole day.
5) I have a Vera Bradley pencil case that I use to hold all of my daily school supplies like pens, pencils, my flash drive, highlighters, sticky notes, etc.  It is actually a makeup case, which is useful because it has a good lining in case anything ever leaks or a cap comes off of something.  I keep the rest of my supplies in my room so that way I never have to remember what is where.  I also keep a pair of headphones in here for listening to music on the way to class or when I need to watch a video/listen to something.


6) And who could forget the most basic supplies like folders and spiral notebooks?  I use a folder and notebook for each class even though I type the majority of my notes so that way I have a hard copy of everything.  The spiral notebooks that my school sells in the bookstore are sturdy and good quality and so are the folders.  I try to color code my supplies, but I always fall for the pink ones (classic, right?).  I don't bring textbooks to class unless my teacher has requested that we bring them for the day, which is nice on the shoulders because my computer is pretty heavy.

I hope this helps you get organized for the days ahead this semester.  Have a great day, everyone!

xoxo








No comments:

Post a Comment