Language Translation

Friday, January 11, 2013

Invitational

I am so happy that I got so lucky with a great recruitment schedule today!  Today I had three parties in a row starting at 12:00, 1:00, and 2:00, and each of them was so much fun.  It was definitely the best day of rush so far and I am so glad that I stuck with it.  The one thing I did not stick with today was my wardrobe.  At the last minute I decided to switch my nice dress to a good pair of black pants and a cute white top that I wore on Christmas Eve with a pretty red statement necklace and the wedges that I have finally broken in.  A few blisters and swelling later, my feet are in much better shape and I plan to help that with a run at the fitness center later today.


As mentioned before, today was skit/invitational day and I saw some really creative themes: Alice in Wonderland, Grease, and Mamma Mia.  As the first person on the recruitment list (with a last name like Abel), I was the first person to walk into my parties and got to meet some really amazing girls.  Once escorted into the suite, I sat down and talked to my escort until the introductions and skits started.  I felt like I was back at Seafarer watching an Evening Programs skit!  In each one, girls took the creative themes that I mentioned and rearranged the lyrics so that we could learn about each sorority that we were visiting.  Once the skits were over, we were given drinks and talked to several different members of that sorority.  Because there was always an excess of sorority members, it would be common to talk to multiple people at a time and switch out who you were talking to.  I even got to meet one of the most involved girls on campus: two sorority presidents, a recruitment vice president, a philanthropy chair, Panhellenic Representatives, a finance vice president, recording secretary and more.  Some of these girls are even lifeguards at the wellness center, Teaching Assistants in their major department schools, and members of the famous Band of the Hour.

At the end of my parties, I met with my Rho Gamma to select my top two sororities for tomorrow, which is Preference Night.  It is the most serious of all recruitment nights and involves a sisterhood ceremony and learning about the sorority's history and rituals.  At the end of my two one-hour parties, I will meet with my Rho Gamma to make my final decision before bid day.  We enter our preference through a computer system with help from the head Rho Gammas (incoming Panhellenic Executive Board members) so that everything is flawless.  I am wearing a beautiful dress that I picked out with my mom for Preference Night: a green cocktail dress with a halter style top, brand-new black heels, and pearls that I got as a gift for my Bat Mitzvah in 2007.  We meet with our groups a little later in the afternoon tomorrow as it is an evening event and very serious.

I hope that you have an amazing rest of your day and I wish the best of luck to all of my former high school classmates who begin their exam preparations this weekend!  Have a great weekend as well!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment