Language Translation

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mean Girls

In 2004, one of my favorite current movies came out: Mean Girls!  Even though I was in fourth grade and did not watch it until the end of sixth, it is still a classic that I love to watch to this day.  My friends and I can start any conversation with a quote from it, and it definitely makes for interesting and fun times.  One thing since starting high school in 2008 that I have always kept up with is wearing pink on Wednesdays.  This is a thing, you know, and a very popular one at that.  Mean Girls has undeniably created a culture for females that is still followed to this day.


Since joining Greek life on campus last week, I have gotten to participate in yet another Mean Girls tradition.  While this one is not officially from the movie, I find it pretty similar in the words of my pledge sister Hallie from twitter: "It's like on Wednesdays we wear pink, but Tuesdays we wear Greek."    That's right.  Every week we have Panhellenic T-Shirt Tuesday, when girls from all seven of the Panhellenic sororities wear a Greek shirt.  Today I am wearing a light blue kappa shirt from my owl pal Blakely, which was last year's recruitment shirt!  I am sporting it with a pair of my lululemon yoga pants and a pair of black sandals because the weather is slightly breezy with plenty of sunshine.

Tonight I have a kappa new member meeting and plenty of work to do.  With a new semester brings new possibilities, new activities, and well, a lot of new changes.  So Happy Tuesday to all end enjoy the 4-day (or 3-day) academic/work week that you have been given.  And in the words of Christina Marita, "What's meant to be will always find its way."

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Heyz Hannah!

    So I've been OBSESSED with this blog ever since I started searching blogs to check out what college life is likeeeee. Sooooo I have like one question for you...Is it okay to wear pink on days that aren't Wednesdays?!?!?! Plz answer immediately I'm desperate!! Thx so much Han!
    XOXO
    GGPD

    ReplyDelete