After the initial seven parties of the recruitment week, I have successfully completed round one of rush! It was a long day but I enjoyed every minute of it and it made me even more excited to go Greek here at Miami. At each house we were greeted with chants, cheers, and songs before a girl picked us up and we got to talking about each other. Once everyone was in the chapter suite, we watched a video about the sorority and its role on campus and general information. Then we got to talking with more girls before moving on to the next suite and so on and so forth. What I really enjoyed about the day was that each chapter had its own theme that made you feel welcome. Some of the ones I went to today were "Welcome to Fabulous [insert sorority name here]" and "The [insert sorority name here] Candy Shop." It definitely made today's events fun! Once we finished the parties, we met our Rho Gamma groups in the Learning Center to complete the "mutual selection" cut process. Tomorrow when I meet with my Rho Gamma group at 10:15, she will provide each of us with our schedules to visit the maximum of five sororities that we were invited back to.

I had a really great time today but am even more excited for tomorrow because I get to wear the cutest outfit ever! It is this really great Lilly Pulitzer top with a lipstick print all over it with my new favorite pair of hot pink jeans and the wedge sandals that I wore today. Tomorrow night is Philanthropy Night, where we learn about the different philanthropies/organizations that the sororities raise money for. It definitely will not be as long or as tiring as today!
Have a great rest of your day and I'll be back tomorrow!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment