Language Translation

Monday, January 14, 2013

Went Kappa

I am having an amazing day already and it is not even close to being done yet.  Probably I am still overwhelmed and overjoyed from Bid Day yesterday!  It was by far one of the greatest days of my life and I cannot wait to be part of such an amazing sisterhood.  I have wanted to rush a sorority since I was in middle school and now I can see why.

Kappa Kappa Gamma, Delta Kappa Chapter Pledge Class 2013
So yesterday we met with our Rho Gamma groups at 11:30 to wait for bid distribution.  Once everyone was there and accounted for, we were handed our bid cards in envelopes with our names on them (see yesterday).  After a countdown from ten, all 500 something girls opened their cards at the same time and the room (I-Lounge in the UC) and it became pure chaos.  We ran to get bid day shirts from our sorority's table and put them on under a baggy shirt which we had been wearing earlier.  Once the chaos calmed down, we walked by Rho Gamma group out to the School of Education and back so that we could get into one long line.  Around 12:45, my group was called up the The Rock and we stood there observing the even crazier mad chaos from other sororities, fraternities, and friends and family cheering.  After a countdown from 3, we took off our baggy shirts and in what felt like slow motion and everything happening at one time, our new sorority sisters flooded The Rock with our bid day items and hugs, cheering, and laughter.  Once my new Kappa sisters greeted me, they led me under a tunnel formed by the current sisters and we watched as all of my new pledge sisters revealed that they had chosen Kappa Kappa Gamma.

Shannon!  My rush crush who I adore!
After the chaos was through, current sisters formed a circle around us new members and sang some cheers welcoming us to the sisterhood.  Then we walked over to the School of Education fountain to take bid day pictures as a whole sorority and by pledge class.  After some professional and non-professional photography, we went over to the suite (AKA our new home away from home) where we were already given new swag bags with a ton of cool new stuff in them.  Our president assigned us Bid Day Buddies who drove us to our surprise party destination, KEY BISCAYNE!  We had a catered lunch and spent time in the water, on the beach, and just enjoying the time together with new sisters.  My Bid Day Buddy Blakely drove some of us to Shake Shack for dinner before we all went together to the Miami/Maryland basketball game, where we now stand as the only undefeated ACC team.

Blakely!  I love my Bid Day Buddy as you can tell by our selfies on the beach.
Throughout the day I met so many more girls who I had not met yet and we are all in the process of connecting via social media.  Tonight we have Formal Pledging and a new member meeting tomorrow, so I am already busy but love it.

Have a great Monday!

Kappa Love,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment