Friday is the best day of the week. I have one class at 9:00 (okay, so maybe not so amazing), chill in the Kappa suite to reenergize, go to Human Development class at noon (my new favorite!), and then I am done by 1:15. Amazing. Today I went with some of my pledge sisters and older Kappa girls to the Rathskellar, the university's student-run restaurant. It was so so so much fun. While the school is building the new student activities center, the Rat (as it is called) is currently by the pool in the University Center. We sat inside at a big table and watched the divers practice while ESPN replayed the basketball game from the other night.
Remember that one?
Tomorrow I am going to the beach with my Owl Pal (Blakely) and Fleur de Lis Friend (Holly) to the beach, where we will meet other Kappas to watch our sister Melissa in her volleyball tournament. I am looking forward to tanning and spending time with these girls who I have already gotten to know so well. We begin the informal recruitment process this week so bonding before we get some new girls is definitely in order.
On Sunday I have plenty of (insert sigh here) work to do and an informal chapter meeting before jumping back into a normal week. Luckily my math class was cancelled for Monday, so I can sleep in AND go to the gym, definitely starting the day off right. Then the cycle begins again with a pledge class meeting, club meetings, homework, and, well, you know the rest.
But I am loving every minute of this semester and have so much more to look forward to in the coming weeks. In exactly one month, I will know who my official big sister is and then we begin the process of becoming official Kappa members. I have said it a million times already but joining my sorority is the best decision that I have made all year, and I would not trade it for anything. Have you ever made a decision that made you feel a similar way?
Have a great weekend!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment