Today I spent the day with eight of my sisters at South Beach! I had never been to SoBe before, and it was fun exploring a new part of town. My former owl pal Blakely picked me, my fleur-de-lis friend Holly, and pledge sister Maura up around noon, and we caravanned with the rest of the other Kappas over the bridge into Miami Beach. It was a busy Saturday because it was bright, sunny, and the perfect temperature. The perfect weather attracted a couple thousand crowds out to the water or the cruise ship port, where four boats were leaving as we crossed back onto the mainland this afternoon.
Once at the beach, we put our towels in a circle and laid out for hours soaking in the sunshiny rays. A bunch of the girls brought snacks and Girl Scout Cookies, and we enjoyed relaxing, telling stories, eating, laughing, swimming, and taking pictures. We originally intended to watch one of our sisters play beach volleyball, but there were so many courts and we could not find her so we headed back out instead. Upon leaving the beach, Blakely took Maura and me to Shake Shack for an early dinner. I think that we have unofficially made a tradition of going there after a beach day with Kappas.
Now I am "beached out" and ready to relax before cracking open the books for a homework Sunday. Depending on my level of laziness and ability/inability to make it to the gym tonight, I will try to start my homework when people are going out tonight so that way I can have as lazy of a Sunday as possible. I also want to rest up for my full week of classes-procrastinating and staying up late is not working and quite honestly, I need my rest!
How was your Saturday? Have a great rest of your weekend!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment