As it is one week and two days into the new year, people are starting to ponder their New Years Resolutions-feeling successful after they work out thus far or giving up completely although it is not 21 days in yet. 21 days makes an action a habit, and I am on track with my personal resolutions to make it that far come the next few weeks. But with classes starting on Monday, I have come up with some of my own "new semester resolutions" so that I can have as much, if not more, success as I had last semester. Here are three of them:
1) Spend Less Time on Social Media: while I work hard and always try my best to stay focused, I am notorious for spending hours on hours on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogger, Pinterest, and YouTube. I have decided that I will only access my accounts during my lunch break and after dinner unless I have an actual reason (student organizations, annual blog posts, etc.). I need as few distractions as possible in order to concentrate on what is important: the whole college experience.2) Write Everything Down: again, I am notorious for something else: making schedules. In order to know exactly what I need to do and when, I have decided to write everything down at least twice to keep myself on track. I keep schedules in my Lilly planner, GMail account, and my iCal accounts on my computer, phone, and iPad. I did this on-and-off last semester and when I wrote (or typed) everything out, I could enjoy every day knowing that I was good to go.
3) This sounds cheesy, but my third goal is to Have Fun: I cannot believe that I am already halfway through my first year of college and I know that the time is going to fly by as the semesters pass. In order to fully achieve this goal, I plan to only participate in activities, hang out with people, and take classes that I enjoy. Even though I have certain general education requirements to meet, I can pick and choose what I want to take, and I have actually mapped out everything that I want and need for the next four years. I love where I go to school, and I plan to enjoy every moment that I am here!
Do you have any New Years resolutions for school or work? Comment them here and let me know. Have a great day, everyone!
xoxo


Hannah, my new year's resolution is to enjoy every minute of the time that our family gets to spend together since it is quite rare when we are all in the same city!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rest of Rush - rest that voice because you are going to need it!
We love you!
Mom